cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Number not recognized

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

hi i face problem when we call 181 as directory service. route pattern 9.1xx discard digit predot. i can call 111 , 199 etc .. excpet the 181. i got error msg from the PSTN that the number not valid. and its routed to FXO port not ISDN. any idea?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Do you have a route list with two route groups one that point to PRI and one that point to FXO. So obviously when 181 is dialled and it gets a busy or invalid number message from PSTN, it is being routed via FXO which is probably your backup route group in your route list.

What i would suggest is to call your telco and ask them if they expect an 1 or a 0 before 181. They may be expecting 1181 or 0181 as the number output to PSTN. In that case you can copy the existing route pattern and make it 9.1181 or 9.0181 as appropriate and set the discard digits to PREDOT.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hi Sankar

thanks for the replay, well its normal analog Co line so i remove one of those lines in the FXO and plugged into the analog home phone , and call 181 the call go normaly, but through the call manager not routed.

if you issue a debug isdn q931 do you see the right digits?

who is disconnecting the call and with which reason?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: