cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring calls directly to VM boxes, timing issue

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

I've got my UCM 6.1 Business Edition system set up to allow users to transfer callers directly to VM by a CTI RP using the standard *XXXX method.

I have a problem though. The person initiating the transfer presses the transfer softkey, then dials *XXXX, and by the time they press the Transfer key again to complete the transfer, a portion of the mailbox greeting has already been played.

Does anyone know of a way to cause a brief delay before the greeting is played, to give the users enough time to complete the transfer?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at CSCsm67316. I think this provides a better solution rather than putting in a system delay. Basically VM will restart the current phrase or greeting when it detects that the remote party has changed, i.e. when the transfer is completed. I believe the change is available in an ES.

-Eric

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at CSCsm67316. I think this provides a better solution rather than putting in a system delay. Basically VM will restart the current phrase or greeting when it detects that the remote party has changed, i.e. when the transfer is completed. I believe the change is available in an ES.

-Eric

Yes, this is exactly what I needed. I ended up using the delay option, since that was a quicker fix, but it is good to know they've addressed this in the later ES.

Do you know if there a setting that has to be changed, Eric? I read this bug and updated my system to 2.1(1)ES21. I'm still getting a cut off message when transferred to Voice Mail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: