Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Disclaimers

I have created a Disclaimer Text for our company. I have also set up the outbound listener to add a footer of this disclaimer.
What I would now like to do is be able to check if there is already a disclaimer in the body of the message and if so, not add another disclaimer.

I tested our current settings and everytime I reply, the outbound message gets another disclaimer footer. After several replies there are several disclaimers. :?:

10 Replies 10

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

I would recommend that you don't do the disclaimer in the listener and instead append disclaimers using the outgoing content filter.

So, disable disclaimer/footer in the listener and then using a combination of outgoing mail policy/outgoing content filter to add the disclaimer. Then you can have an additional content filter that is positioned above the disclaimer content filter that checks if the disclaimer is already there.

Here's a kb article on how to do this using a message filter, but you should be able to do it with a content filter.

How do I stop adding a footer if there has been one already added to the email thread ?

http://tinyurl.com/5gaj24

I have created a Disclaimer Text for our company. I have also set up the outbound listener to add a footer of this disclaimer.
What I would now like to do is be able to check if there is already a disclaimer in the body of the message and if so, not add another disclaimer.

I tested our current settings and everytime I reply, the outbound message gets another disclaimer footer. After several replies there are several disclaimers. :?:

I tried that filter, however it didn't completly work.
What was happening was that every message coming in was getting the disclaimer.

Check_for_existing_disclaimer:

if (recv-listener == 'OutboundMail' AND (body-contains('PRESBYTERIAN_HEALTHCARE_SERVICES_DISCLAIMER')))
{deliver();}
else
{add-footer('PHS_Disclaimer'); }

Since the inbound message didn't meet the criteria for the IF statement it received the footer.

I ended setting up content filter for outbound messages, but would like to get the filter to work.

What about this.......

if (recv-listener == 'OutboundMail' AND (body-contains('PRESBYTERIAN_HEALTHCARE_SERVICES_DISCLAIMER')))

{deliver();}

else if (recv-listener == 'InboundMail' AND (body-contains('PRESBYTERIAN_HEALTHCARE_SERVICES_DISCLAIMER')))

{deliver();}

else

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

The Ironport system currently doesn't support the "ELSE IF" syntax, but you can do embedded IF / ELSE statements.

if ()
{
if ()
{ }
}

In your example, your two IF statements check whether the body of the messages contains some text for both inbound and outbound listeners. If it's not found in either one, then append the footer. If it's already there, then just deliver.

Why not just do this:

if body-contains('PRESBYTERIAN_HEALTHCARE_SERVICES_DISCLAIMER')

{deliver();}

else

Note, the deliver() action tells the system to not process any other message filters and just proceed with the rest of the email pipeline. So, order your message filter accordingly.

I tried the latter and since all inbond messages do not contain the disclaimer header the filter applies. Thus email coming from JohnDoe@someplace.com gets the disclaimer applied as the message is processed.

I have been able to do this using Outbound Content filters and it seems to be working fine. I will remembe to keep these content filters as the last in the process.

Thanks

I tried the latter and since all inbond messages do not contain the disclaimer header the filter applies. Thus email coming from JohnDoe@someplace.com gets the disclaimer applied as the message is processed.

I have been able to do this using Outbound Content filters and it seems to be working fine. I will remembe to keep these content filters as the last in the process.

Thanks

Hi there,
Did someone here succeed in implementing this kind of disclaimer?

I am still unable to perform it correctly.
Everytime I am replying to an email to internet, the disclaimer is added at the end.

I have many domains to manage so any help will be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

did you remove the disclaimer on the listener and added a content filter?

Hi, Yes I did, with no help.

Here how I managed to resolve:
(the need is:
for each outgoing email I need the disclaimer to be added only once.
(If it already exists, don't add a new one))

- I have i.e 5 domains (i.e: "@de.domain.com") for which I need different disclaimers.
For each domain I have an associated Text Resource (Disclaimer) (i.e: "Disclaimer_DE").

I have then created a new outgoing Listener (private) (i.e: "Outgoing_DE").

- I have then created a new filter (CLI) running on this dedicated listener as this:

Disclaimer_DE:
if (recv-listener == 'Outgoing_DE' AND (body-contains('Disclaimer DOMAIN DE')))
{deliver();}
else
{add-footer('Test_Disclaimer_DE');}

This work sperfectly. I am just awaiting for IronPort's recommandation to ensure this respects the best practices.

Hocine M MEROUANE

One this imprtant I have forgotten:

You need to ensure all emails coming from @de.domain.com are routed through the appropriated Listener.

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

One this imprtant I have forgotten:

You need to ensure all emails coming from @de.domain.com are routed through the appropriated Listener.

Hi .. You should be able to get the same result, but without having the need to create more listeners, if you create an outgoing policy + content filter. Here you could also create a condition, stating if the e-mail contains the footer, don't inject it.

This could be accomplished, by having a content filter that injects as footer + an x-header .. the second content filter, could then look for that specific X-header..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: