BCSMSN -- Questions

Unanswered Question
Jun 4th, 2008

Hi,

I am studying for the BCSMSN and I have little time (about a month). So far I have read the Cisco Press only, I am also planning to buy the BCSMSN lab portfolio for labs. My questions are:

1. I am using the Cisco Press CD to practice, how close are those questions to the real exam?

2. Is there any other book that complements the Cisco one?

3. Is the exam too difficult?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi Rafael

In response to your first and third questions, it would break the terms of the non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) that people sign with Cisco prior to taking certification exams to provide answers to these.

In response to your second question, I have used the Cisco Press Authorised Self Study Guide and Exam Certification Guide in my BSCI and now my BCMSN and find them quite good.

I have also used CBT's from CBT Nuggets and Bryant Advantage as well as a number of Cisco Press titles which are aimed more at the CCIE level. But in my opinion there is no such thing as being too prepared for an exam or knowing a topic to a greater depth then strictly necessary for that exam.

HTH

Best Regards,

Michael

rafaelgarcia Fri, 06/06/2008 - 07:25

Hi,

Thank your for your response. I didn't mean to violate any Agreement; I just asked a simple questions which has a simple answer.

Thanks anyways for such a good answer.

bfitsum123 Tue, 06/10/2008 - 07:01

Hi Michael,

I am using Cisco Press book to preparing for BCMSN exam. my budget is limited and I am trying to chose between CBT Nuggets and Bryant advantage. Since you used them both and if you have to chose one, which one would you chose and why.

Thanks

Michale

Hi bfitsum123

That is a really hard one to answer to be honest. They are both really good study tools. I have found that some topics are covered slightly better in the Train Signal CBT's where others are covered better in the CBT Nuggets.

Also I am more used to the Train Signal CBT's as I also used them for my CCNA studies and I think I slightly prefer Chris Bryants presentation style.

However in saying that, for the BCMSN, if I had to pick just one I would probably go with the CBT Nuggets, simply because Wireless networking is covered more than in the Train Signal offering.

I suppose that I am lucky in that I have some colleagues who are also studying for Cisco certification, so I buy one CBT and one of them will buy the other and then we loan them to each other. Helps with the expense:)

Is there no chance that your local library would have these so that you could rent them out?

Best Regards & Good luck with the studies,

Michael

babatunde_sanda Thu, 06/12/2008 - 05:50

I am currentlly studying for the BCMSN too. I purchased the CBT nugget. I must say the training is very good. I also have the cisco press book but am yet to review it. Having said that I would say investing your money for the CBT nugget isn't a bad idea. I am actually listening to the training for the second time to make sure I didn't miss anything before I start reading the cisco press. My point on that is "Jeremy Ciara" the instructor on this series presents the topics in a concise and easy to understand way that will be helpful not just for the exam but also for real life practise.

Good luck.

jlhainy Thu, 06/19/2008 - 14:01

A word about Cisco Press CD's or any practice questions for that matter. I personally feel that a good practice test can be helpful, if it gets you thinking about the Cisco objectives that will be tested on the real test. Any brain dump test is dangerous because it does not promote learning concepts, it just promotes memorization... and memorizing the wrong stuff will kill you on a test.

With that said, regardless of what practice questions you use, instead of questioning their accuracy, test their accuracy! When I do the research and find that a practice question is wrong, it helps me learn the concepts and objects better than taking a practice test's word for it.

Actions

This Discussion