cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is bfd on 7600 compatible with other company product.

flyjunli
Level 1
Level 1

such as juniper,alcatel

did cisco test it with juniper,alcatel etc.

thank you!

4 Replies 4

Ryan Carretta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure this is a question you'll get a definitive answer for on these forums, since our dev-test group and/or a technical marketing engineer would need to be engaged.

What I can say is that BFD is based on an IETF draft, so I think if implemented that way they should be compatible. I of course can't guarantee that since I don't know how other vendors implement their BFD solution, but there isn't much to BFD to go wrong, so I wouldn't think there should be a problem here.

our customer need this function to connet cisco to alcatel device, because the line is MSTP between cisco and alcatel. customer want to find a way to switchover quickly.

I think BFD is only way!

we didn't test it,but want to try.

thank you!

Hmmm...do you mean MST as in multiple spanning tree? BFD is for the prevention of blackholing traffic across routed links because of unidirectional routing.

For STP you'll want something more similar to uplinkfast, though I'm not sure if the Alcatel supports anything like that.

i mean mstp,run as a service of SDH, we connect gigabyte interface of cisco and alcatel.

because ethernet interface may up during failure, we will depend on routing protocol hello,BFD,RSVP hell to detect failure.

thank you!

jun li

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco