Views
Helpful
Replies

MC CSA 5.2 - SQL Server collation

jlana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!:

I am installing MC CSA 5.2 with a remote SQL database.

I received a error about database collation. I have a database with a collation which isn't Latn1_General_CP1_CI_AS and I want to use because I have another database.

Is it possible install MC CSA 5.2 with a database collation different to this?

I didn't find any document with this prerequisite.

Thank you

Alex

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Were you not able to set Latin1_General collation when you created the CSAMC52 DB prior to installing the CSAMC?

The DB server may have a default collation other than Latin1_General but each database can have it's own collation.

It defaults to the server collation if you don't choose one when creating the database.

Tom

Hi Tom!:

I have a CSAMC52 DB created. This DB haven't Latin1_General collation then I run a fresh MC CSA 5.2 installation. When I put DB parameters I received this message:

Database collation must be Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS and I can not continue with installation.

I don't want to install another database instance with Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation (problem with licenses). I need install MC CSA 5.2 with DB wich I have . I want to exchange collation.

Thank you

Alex

Hi Alex, as far as I know, you don't need a new instance of SQL Server.

When you create a new DB on an existing server you have the option of choosing collation. If you don't specify one it chooses whatever the server collation is.

You need to delete the CSAMC52 DB you previously created and create a new one on the same server and choose Latin1 collation.

Then it should work as expected.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: