lwapp - Command is disabled

Unanswered Question
Jun 5th, 2008
User Badges:

We have some 1131 lightweight access points which were once registered with a controller which is no longer available. When we issue the command "clear lwapp private-config" The message "ERROR!!! Command is disabled."

This error message indicates that the static configuration commands are locked out because either:

This command was entered while the LAP is registered to a controller.

The LAP was previously registered to a WLC, but the username/password was not changed from the default.

OK both these things apply. The point is how do I clear the AP and start again since I cannot connect it to the controller???

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 06/05/2008 - 04:40
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

If you do a show lwapp ip config and the ap is set for DHCP, then you should be able to have that ap join any controllers. If it is set, then I think the only way is to either create a subnet in which that ap will reside and use DNS to stage the ap to a master wlc or convert the ap to IOS and then back to lwapp. I don't know if there is a way with the mode button or not.

Rob Huffman Thu, 06/05/2008 - 04:44
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Ian,

What a pain (we have all been down this road and at least we won't forget to enter a username/password again :) I was working with some folks recently who were experiencing this same issue;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&topicID=.ee6e8b8&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbf883c

Hope this helps!

Rob

cisconell Tue, 01/03/2012 - 05:56
User Badges:

HI Guys

I am experiencing the same problem , ibrydon did the steps worked for you ?

Rob I could not locate the previous post as you mentioned above.

Could some one please advice.

Regards

Jal

Scott Fella Tue, 01/03/2012 - 06:01
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Try this link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/328812

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure