cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lwapp - Command is disabled

ibrydon
Level 1
Level 1

We have some 1131 lightweight access points which were once registered with a controller which is no longer available. When we issue the command "clear lwapp private-config" The message "ERROR!!! Command is disabled."

This error message indicates that the static configuration commands are locked out because either:

This command was entered while the LAP is registered to a controller.

The LAP was previously registered to a WLC, but the username/password was not changed from the default.

OK both these things apply. The point is how do I clear the AP and start again since I cannot connect it to the controller???

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do a show lwapp ip config and the ap is set for DHCP, then you should be able to have that ap join any controllers. If it is set, then I think the only way is to either create a subnet in which that ap will reside and use DNS to stage the ap to a master wlc or convert the ap to IOS and then back to lwapp. I don't know if there is a way with the mode button or not.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ian,

What a pain (we have all been down this road and at least we won't forget to enter a username/password again :) I was working with some folks recently who were experiencing this same issue;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&topicID=.ee6e8b8&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbf883c

Hope this helps!

Rob

HI Guys

I am experiencing the same problem , ibrydon did the steps worked for you ?

Rob I could not locate the previous post as you mentioned above.

Could some one please advice.

Regards

Jal

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/328812

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: