cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Zone CLI Question

ashley1234
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a 871 model and I live in London, UK. The question is what are the correct commands to input for the GMT Time zone here? I've opted to use two NTP servers in the UK that seem to be up and running at 1.uk.pool.ntp.org and 3.uk.pool.ntp.org, so I have input:

ntp server 212.13.207.101 source FastEthernet4 prefer

ntp server 212.13.194.96 source FastEthernet4

So what are the correct commands for the timezone in London, UK?

Thanks,

Ashley

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ashley

Assuming that your router is able to sync with one of the configured NTP servers then your router is learning time in GMT (or UTC). To adjust the time for the local time zone there are 2 commands in global config: "clock timezone" allows you to specify an identifier for the local time zone and to specify the offset from GMT. The "clock summertime" allows you to specify an identifier for the local time zone during Daylight Savings and whether to automatically make the adjustment for Daylight Savings. It also optionally allows you to specify the start and end dates for the Daylight Savings period.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for clarifying the issue!

Ashley

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ashley

Try the following:

clock timezone GMT 0

clock summer-time BST recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

Regards

Martin

Thanks! I understand the last part now.

Regards

Ashley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco