Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport Users via Radius

david.shoesmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,
Is it possible to use Radius / LDAP to allow users to access to the Ironport device? Eg: you can create users and put them in a group Administrators, Operators and Guests. I would like to be able to do this via Radius or LDAP. Also I would like to be able to customise what they have access to.

Regards,

David

2 Replies 2

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

David

External authentication is scheduled for a future release, most likely before the end of 2008. The current plan is to support LDAP and RADIUS.

LDAP will support mapping LDAP groups to different roles on the ironport. RADIUS will authenticate admins only.

There will be more roles than the current Admin/Operator/Guest model, but you won't be able to design your own ACL, if that's what you had in mind.

This will be the first release of external authentication, so it will evolve as we get feedback from our customers.

Karl Young
Product Support Engineer

Hi there,
Is it possible to use Radius / LDAP to allow users to access to the Ironport device? Eg: you can create users and put them in a group Administrators, Operators and Guests. I would like to be able to do this via Radius or LDAP. Also I would like to be able to customise what they have access to.

Regards,

David

david.shoesmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karl,
Thanks for the feed back. This is really good news and I can't wait to be able to either be on the beta test or have it rolled out on our Appliances.

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: