Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager RME Credentials - ACS mode

Mike Bailey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry another question.

We have intergrated LMS 3.01 with Cisco Secure ACS 4.1.

How do I setup RME Credentials within:

Campus Manager > Administration > RME Server Credentials

It asked for RME Server username/password - what would this be when in ACS mode?

Thanks

Michael

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will be whatever username/password has admin rights in RME. This should be an RME super user, but it could be any user with Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Device Operations and ConfigCLI > Import Configuration rights. Ccampus will also point users to the RME Jobs interface, so this user _should_ have rights there, but this is not required. You will still be able to view job results under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Archive Mgmt Jobs.

Thanks, is this an ACS user with admin rights in RME or a local account setup in Common Services?

Main issue is that all accounts in ACS are SecurID integrated, so we'd have to setup one with static credentials if need be.

Yes, you'll need an account with static credentials as this will be an LMS admin similar to that of the System Identity User, but more just RME access.

If you're integrated with ACS, then the user must be defined in ACS.

Thanks.

One last question you've reminded me.

Most of the LMS/ACS integration documentation/instructions say you have to create the system identity account in ACS with same username/password.

Is there any specific reason why?

I did this during the build but now I've configured other users with different roles can't see that the identity account in ACS is being used for anything.

The System Identity User is critical for LMS to work. This user MUST have all access to all LMS tasks and managed devices in ACS. The username and password can be whatever you want. The SIU is used for inter-process communication and for inter-server communication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: