Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink or teloc ??

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have 2 serial T1 AT&T links configured for MUltilink. The site was working fine till now. No changes done on the router.

Now we are unable to reach the router. Got the circuit tested by at&t and turned out to be clean. Dailed into the router and all serial and multilink is up.

1. Tried to trace to outside interface no trace available.

2. Tried to ping from router to the multilink ip address and no ping responce.

3. Trace router from remote server AT&T drops at one hop same for the at&t ip and our multink ip address.

4. Able to ping to the at&t ip address unable to ping to the multink ip address from at&t server.

LOgs attached.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Pravin, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

In this case, you can Un-bundle the T1 Links from Multilink and configure as Normal Point-to-Point Circuit then check the recheability for end - to - end (for both Serial Links).

Also, re-configure the MLPPP to ensure no software level failures. Since, Multilink is a logical Interface and not the actual Physical Interface but they are just bundled.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks guru i would get this done.

Tested both the serial links as said above with telco both links were fine.

when links configued to multinkbundle they did not work.

At&t later confurmed that it was the fault of the telco router.

HI Pravin,

Thanks for the Updated Information Shared.

~Welcome~

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi Pravin,

This is what I have normally observed. The providers would keep on saying its no problem from their end and in few days you would find the issue to be resolved automatically. Then if you confirm with your provider they would accept their fault.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: