cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-1 Capture VLAN

eknell
Level 1
Level 1

I just replaced my old WS-X6380-NAM with a WS-SVC-NAM-1. My problem is when I set the initial data source to span a VLAN and then I go run a capture by either a source IP or a destination IP in that VLAN, I get nothing? If I just capture everything in that VLAN it gets the IP info I am looking for. The capture filter by IP address works fine, if I SPAN a Gig-E interface, but not a VLAN. I didn't have this problem with my old NAM? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't have anymore NAMs running 3.5, but I do have a NAM-1 running 3.6(1a). I configured a VLAN span on data port 1 (spanning vlans 1 and 200). I started a capture on data port 1 with an IP filter configured with a source address of 10.32.12.38, mask 255.255.255.255. I checked the "Both Directions" box. I was able to capture and decode packets.

Check your configuration, and try recreating the span. If that doesn't help, try an upgrade to 3.6 (if possible).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is running on this NAM?

3.5(1b)

I don't have anymore NAMs running 3.5, but I do have a NAM-1 running 3.6(1a). I configured a VLAN span on data port 1 (spanning vlans 1 and 200). I started a capture on data port 1 with an IP filter configured with a source address of 10.32.12.38, mask 255.255.255.255. I checked the "Both Directions" box. I was able to capture and decode packets.

Check your configuration, and try recreating the span. If that doesn't help, try an upgrade to 3.6 (if possible).

k...I will try it and let you know...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: