cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection and Exchange

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, Im wondering if you can use Unity Connection 2.0 with Exchange? In that not using IMAP with the client, but actually sending voicemail to the exchange server first, then the client downloads the voicemail. Im thinking thats a Unity feature, but not Unity Connection, unless you use IMAP. Im also thinking that if you use IMAP, you are basically setting up the outlook client to go to the Unity Connection server for retrieval of messages and NOT in the clients actualy exchange mailbox, but in a second account for IMAP use. Is this correct?

4 Replies 4

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Or, can you setup Unity Connection to use VPIM to get messages over to the Exchange server? Sorry all, Im a little confused at this.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know you can do this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/user_setup/guide/us030.html

Im not sure if Connection can forward all IMAP emails to the Exchange server for distribution.

Yeah, I have done that before, but the client points to the UC server instead of it coming to the users exchange mailbox. My client was wanting it to go to exchange, but Im thinking Unity Connection doesnt do that. Do you think thats right?

Ok, so UC doesnt integrate with Exchange. This has been a thorn to me, sorry about this all. Thanks.