Cluster upgrade from 4.x to 6.x question

Unanswered Question
Jun 5th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

On small clusters, it is easy, publisher then Subscriber. If I have multiple Subscribers, I can I upgrade multiple subscribers at the same time, or is it safer to do them one at at time?

Cheers!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Rob Huffman Thu, 06/05/2008 - 15:15
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hey Tommer,

My vote is for one at a time :) I have always heeded this notice in the Upgrade docs;

**Caution You must perform the Cisco Unified CallManager installation serially; that is, on one server at a time. After you reboot the server and after you verify that the server pulled the subscription from the publisher database server, you can begin the upgrade on the next server.

From this section;

Upgrading the Cisco Unified CallManager Subscriber Server(s)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/4_2_3/upgrfrom.html#wp1059673

Hope this helps!

rOB

Tommer Catlin Thu, 06/05/2008 - 15:20
User Badges:

You know, it's always that one line I cant find in the documents. I had that doc open and couldnt find the statement that I *thought* I saw one day. Oh well. long upgrade this weekend then with 5 servers. ugg.

thanks Rob

Rob Huffman Thu, 06/05/2008 - 15:26
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Tommer,

Another set of "old" eyes sometimes helps ;-)

Best of luck my friend! If there was anyone that I would want to do this type of upgrade it would be you.

Let us know how it goes,

Rob

Tommer Catlin Thu, 06/05/2008 - 15:34
User Badges:

wait a second, "would want to"? ha... Im assigned to do it. a little different! I have another one on Tuesday, but it got pushed back thankfully.

cheers and happy friday!

Actions

This Discussion