Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Deceased

dflores83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2801, with 5 phones 7940 and 2 phones 7970 but suddenly only one of the 7970 is rebooting every time and never start.

In a sesion of telnet the comand show ephone give me this:

ephone-2 Mac:001B.54CA.D640 TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 DECEASED

mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:7

IP:10.1.1.8 50195 7970 keepalive 66303 max_line 8

button 1: dn 2 number 301 CH1 DOWN CH2 DOWN

SO, I have

Software Version 12.4(9)T4 / CME 4.0(0)

Probably the phone is work out, but I reboot then nothing happens

Could give me some adivce or clue for this fail,

thanks

8 Replies 8

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

your TCP connection to the phone for whatever reason is not estabblished, can you verify the phone TCP/IP settings? See socket -1 message.

When a ephone is DECEASED it means that the CME lost the connectivity to the phone.

The TCP keepalive times out.

If you can confirm the phone has the right template and IP Connectivity I would suggest to try eventually a reload to see if there was any issue in resetting the TCP/IP stack.

Regards,

Riccardo

PS. Please rate any useful post accordingly.

Just to add if the previous doesn't do, check your keepalive interval if it is set to 10 seconds there might be an issue. Use the recommended default of 30 seconds and see if it is able to come up.

Regards,

Riccardo

Righ, now I do it all the things that you said me but, the phone the same, is in loop (rebooting)

any idea

Hi,

if you look at the phone initialising do you see which phase fails? Getting the IP? Loading the template from the server? Tried swapping cables, switch ports?

Regards,

Riccardo

HI

I Tried swapping cables and switch ports, but is the same.

When I rebooted the phone, this start wiht flashing green leds, and appeared the cisco logo, but in some seconds after the phone is reboot again.

It is not taking the IP address, have you tried setting up a static one and static TFTP?

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi

but the phone is taking IP address, in fact I can do ping at this address.

I suppose that TERM70.7-0-2SR1S file is corrupt, I have this file and when I try to reload in the command: (config-telephony)#load 7970 TERM70.7-0-2SR1S

the instruction is complete but nothing happens.

Do you see the working 7970 using a different firmware or template? You could try to download a new file from CCO if you think it is corrupted.

If this doesn't do you would need some TAC assistance on it.

Regards,

Riccardo