Views
Helpful
Replies

CUG and PSTN

rajupawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Call Manager version 6.1. I am having two types of gateways, PSTN and CUG. I have created two separate partitions for PSTN and CUG and put the route patterns in respective PSTN and CUG partitions.

I have some analog and single line IP G7911 phones which are registered with the Call Manager using SCCP. The analog and m7911 phones are single line phones. I want to call both PSTN and CUG from this analog and single line IP G7911 phone, but at the same time compliant to telephone regulations. If the analog phone called PSTN he should not be transferred or conferenced to CUG and vice versa.

Please suggest me or any solution will be appreciated.

Regards,

Raju P

1 Reply 1

Hi Raju,

I understand your concern and know that this is the biggest pain for PSTN CUG deployments in India.

The only solution I can think of is to use extension mobility for single line IP phone. Each profile would have either PSTN or CUG access. User would have to manually login and logout and would use appropriate profile depending on whether he.she wants to make a PSTN or a CG call.

As far as the analog phones are concerned there is no other option as far as I know. You'll have to configure it either in PSTN or CUG partition.

Having said this there is a ray of light for us in future. Cisco is corrently working on this requirement for indian customer. In some upcoming callmanager release you would be able to use a single line IP phone for both PSTN and CUG calls abiding by the laid guidelines. This would be trunk implementation of partition instead of line implementation [current].

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: