cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two NDGs with one AAA server possible?

vaishalin
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 user groups with diff access levels and only one NDG.If I create a separate device group I get an error stating that i cannot use the same AAA server address mentioned in the first group.Can 2 network groups can be created for same AAA?

5 Replies 5

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

There is no need to create separate server for each NDgroup. It does not matter which NDG, server belongs to, that server will take care of all clients and NDG.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks.

But Im facing another problem now. I had a replication partner for this AAA server in which I created 2 NDGs.I had taken the server offline while making the changes. the users were getting authenticated by the partner. Should I shutdown the partner while bringing my primary online? bcoz now if the primary is on , no authn is taking place.repln is manual n i have not replicated the changes.

You can bring up primary, the aaa request should still go to seconday acs (at least for sometime).

By that time you can make the changes on primary .

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks. I will try that and will let you know. Meanwhile I have an AAA client file to be imported to a diff server. Is there any method so that I can give null value for the "key" part? there are more than 800 clients and the csutil expects the key parameter to be present.

Rgds