cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site To Site VPN

adcorbett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I have a PIX 515 (v 7.2) and a ASA 5520. I have a VPN tunnel built between the 2 but I can not get them to connect. All I get are these messages:

Jun 06 08:43:13 [IKEv1]: IP = x.x.x.x, Error: Unable to remove PeerTblEntry

Jun 06 08:43:46 [IKEv1]: IP = x.x.x.x, Removing peer from peer table failed, no match!

I can ping x.x.x.x from within the 515.

The ASA is replacing a PIX 501. The tunnel between the 515 and the 501 works fine, just not with the ASA. I can post configs if needed. Any help would be great.

9 Replies 9

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andy

Please attach sanitized configs of both devices (515 and the config on ASA, not 501)

Most probably the tunnel-group statement is lost on ASA since it needs to have the tunnel-group name same as remote peer IP unlike old IOSes.

Regards

Here are the configs - I think you may be right about the names. My predecessor used the IP of the opposite device as the tunnel name so each was different. Let me know if there is anything else I may be missing here, and thank you!

Hi

I want to ensure that you have the config below if not could you do it accordingly ?

Pix 515

tunnel-group x.x.x.x type ipsec-l2l

tunnel-group x.x.x.x ipsec-attributes

where x.x.x.x is the IP of ASA peer

ASA

tunnel-group y.y.y.y type ipsec-l2l

tunnel-group y.y.y.y ipsec-attributes

where y.y.y.y is the IP of PIX peer

Yes that is correct - X is the IP of the ASA and Y is the IP of the PIX

I didn't see on the ASA the command

crypto map peer1 interface outside

DOH! That was it. Whay is it always the easy stuff?

Thanks!

:-)

yeah, in most case you need just a double-check, it's hard to be focused all time.

I didn't see on the ASA the command

crypto map peer1 interface outside

Amadou TOURE
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Yes, please post the config of two equipments.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card