cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Editor

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to use the CUE editor to create a customer script for an auto attendant. I can install the program with no problem. However, when I run the program a quick box flashes up on the screen and then goes away with no indication that the program is running. I believe the problem is with something that our IT group is keeping my laptop from running as this problem happens on my other co-workers machines also.

Any idea what can be keeping this application from running would be great so I can direct my help desk as to what to change.

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What OS are you using? For vista (which isn't officially supported), you should try the following:

- right click on the CUE editor icon

- Select the Properties option - a new window opens up

- Select the Compatibility Tab

- Check box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP

- Check the box 'Run as Administrator'

It might also be related to the MSJVM version, but I'd try the above first.

I am running Win XP SP2. They removed the Microsoft JVM from our machines, would that be the cause? Can it not work with Sun Java?

Hi Seth,

Here is a little note to add to the great info from Markus. This issue was hitting someone running Sun Java the same way;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbe4d8b

Hope this helps!

Rob

I uninstalled both the CUE editor and all JAVA versions on my computer. Then re-installed CUE Editor and it then installed Microsoft VM and then I installed JAVA and it works. I have to yell at our help desk and tell them to stop removing MVM.

Thanx again.

Hey Seth,

#!%##! desktop support (hahaha) Our group was thinking of switching to Vista recently, I just kept visualizing those crazy Mac commercials ;-)

Take care,

Rob