Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS 5.0 Traces

We have a user who complained that a call was dropped midway during a conversation. I know that MIVR logs have to be checked. What I don't know is how to read the log files. Can anyone direct me how to check the logs.

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Naveen,

The Servicing and Troubleshooting Guide doc has some good examples of failures in the CRS system, and what the traces would look like in those instances. It doesn't, however specifically call out dropped calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_6_0/troubleshooting/guide/crstr.pdf

Dropped calls are often difficult to find root cause for. Because dropped calls could be the result of a failure in one of several points in the system, you might have to:

- a. Narrow down the scope of the trace analysis by gathering more data like the affected agent's extension, time of the problem, number of the party they were talking to, and problem symptom (ie. did they just hear silence, or did they get some kind of tone).

- b. With the data gathered from a above, review the CCM SDI and possibly SDL traces from the time of the incident

- c. Review gateway logs, switch logs and other network devices in the call path from the time of the incident.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Mike,

This atleast give me an idea where to begin with. The document you've provided is for CRS 6.0 can you please direct me to the 5.0 version. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: