Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax server /voice call

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

i wanted to know that can i use voip call and fax call on same number?

i have PSTN numeber 5231884. and i have configure ip phone with extension 884.

I have configure three dial-peers as mentioned below

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 8..

session target ipv4:192.168.1.5:1721

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711alaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

incoming called-number .T

codec g711alaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

no vad

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description IP PHone Extensions

destination-pattern 8..

session target ipv4:192.168.1.54

codec g711ulaw

no vad

when a external user send Fax my dial-peer 100 picks it and recive fax on my third party system.

when i change precedence in dial-peer 200 my internal ip phone (884) rings perfectly.

but problem is that either Fax dial-peer works or dial-peer for ip phone works. both can not work at a time. means my gateway doesnot automatically recognize call for Fax or ip phone call.

i wanted to know how can i use same number for both ,if external user send fax it should send call on fax , when external user call on my ip phone ,my phone should ring.

your assistance will be higly appreciated

thanks

1 Reply 1

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The common solution for your scenario is to use a fax detect script and have the voice gateway distinguish if the call is a fax call or a voice call. If the voice gateway, detects fax CNG tones on the inbound call then it is treated like a fax call and if the CNG tones are not detected then the call is treated like a voice call. This feature is documented here -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/voice/cisco_ios_fax_and_modem_services_over_ip_application_guide/detect.html

Please read the documentation on this feature thoroughly as there are quite a few caveats. The biggest one for you would be that the default script available through Cisco only supports T.37. You would need to customize the script yourself or contact Cisco Developer Services in order to get a script that supports T.38.

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: