cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation numbers for ephones

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have a 2811 router with UCM 4.0 2811 connected to ISP by E1.

[PSTN]----e1----[2811]--ephone

I want to do translation of incoming numbers, going to ephone (for example, translate incoming calling number). I know about voip-incoming translation, but it works only with h323, I know translation in dial-peer, but it don't work for ephones. How can I do translation numbers for ephones?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is the "rule 100" I made an example above. You complete the config with:

voice translation-profile add9

translate calling 100

voice-port 0/x/y:15

translation-profile incoming add9

Note in many countries no external access digit, like 9, is needed.

For example when "2" is not used by your country dialplan, make all extensions begin with 2 and it will be like calling from home, users like that very much.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using MGCP or H.323 with the CM ? If the first case, you need to do all translations in the CM.

I don't have a CCM. 2811 with UCME, ephone registered on UCME placed on 2811. Sorry, It is my mystake in message. If I have a UCM, it will be more simply to operate with numbers =)

Actually it's simpler with CME. Here we call it CME, and CM the big one.

To translate called number on incoming, and calling on outgoing, there is a single command to do that:

telephony-service

dialplan-pattern 1 6111222.. extension-length 3 extension-pattern 2..

Other type of translations require voice translation-profile and rule. Typically if you're using a prefix digit to dial outside you will add that in front of calling number, and something the double 0 for international:

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 // /9/ type national national

rule 2 // /900/ type internaitonal international/

I know about voice translation profiles, but how can I use it for ephone? It works only If I have a voip-incoming, but I connected to PSTN by E1.

I want change caller ID of incoming calls, coming to ephones(incoming calling number should be like 98xxx not 8xxx) How can I do that?

That is the "rule 100" I made an example above. You complete the config with:

voice translation-profile add9

translate calling 100

voice-port 0/x/y:15

translation-profile incoming add9

Note in many countries no external access digit, like 9, is needed.

For example when "2" is not used by your country dialplan, make all extensions begin with 2 and it will be like calling from home, users like that very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: