Views
Helpful
Replies

Netwokr very slow

chiragvyas_50
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have five switches connected with one Cisco 1751 router and have 2 Mbps line. i am getting very high ping response and so my network working very slow. i am facing this problem since last five days. my normal ping response was 15 to 25 ms but now i am getting 450 to 500 ms ping response. can anybody help me or guide me............pls very urgent

if u have any groups or facility with whom i can directly chat online than it would be better for me...pls tell me

4 Replies 4

Hi Chirag,

try interacting with Cisco Partner Help Online -

www.cisco.com/go/ph -> "Presales Technical Support"

They have a live chat option as well.

All the best!!!

-> Sushil

Is this happening throughout your whole network?

Try to isolate the problem to a specific piece of hardware, do some packet sniffing, have anything changed on your network?

HTH, Please rate

Thanks

Justin Brenton

As we have done lots of R&D, we come to conclusion that one of our PC in LAN(110 PC) flooding and consuming lots of bandwidth withing my network.

So if you have any software using which i can trace PCs which are using high bandwidth or flooding brodcast then pls provide me link of software.

I think may some of the PCs are affected with virus/spyware but i cant trace which one affected so if you have any software then pls provide me

Hi chiraqvyas,

You can download wireshark to capture traffic, I would suggest mirroring ports.

Port mirroring is used on a network switch to send a copy of all network packets seen on one switch port (or an entire VLAN) to a network monitoring connection on another switch port. This is commonly used for network appliances that require monitoring of network traffic, such as an intrusion-detection system. Port mirroring on a Cisco Systems switch is generally referred to as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN); some other vendors have other names for it, such as Roving Analysis Port (RAP) on 3Com switches.

An example of a SPAN configuration on a Cisco 2950 Switch is below.

Monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 0/1, 0/2, 0/3

Monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 0/4 encap ingress vlan 1

The above example mirrors data from ports 0/1, 0/2 and 0/3 to the destination port 0/4 using vlan1 for vlan tagging.

To show the status of a SPAN monitor session use the following command.

show monitor session 1

Where 1 is the session number from the above statement.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html

Hope this helps.

Please rate.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card