Views
Helpful
Replies

Netwokr very slow

chiragvyas_50
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have five switches connected with one Cisco 1751 router and have 2 Mbps line. i am getting very high ping response and so my network working very slow. i am facing this problem since last five days. my normal ping response was 15 to 25 ms but now i am getting 450 to 500 ms ping response. can anybody help me or guide me............pls very urgent

if u have any groups or facility with whom i can directly chat online than it would be better for me...pls tell me

4 Replies 4

Hi Chirag,

try interacting with Cisco Partner Help Online -

www.cisco.com/go/ph -> "Presales Technical Support"

They have a live chat option as well.

All the best!!!

-> Sushil

Is this happening throughout your whole network?

Try to isolate the problem to a specific piece of hardware, do some packet sniffing, have anything changed on your network?

HTH, Please rate

Thanks

Justin Brenton

As we have done lots of R&D, we come to conclusion that one of our PC in LAN(110 PC) flooding and consuming lots of bandwidth withing my network.

So if you have any software using which i can trace PCs which are using high bandwidth or flooding brodcast then pls provide me link of software.

I think may some of the PCs are affected with virus/spyware but i cant trace which one affected so if you have any software then pls provide me

Hi chiraqvyas,

You can download wireshark to capture traffic, I would suggest mirroring ports.

Port mirroring is used on a network switch to send a copy of all network packets seen on one switch port (or an entire VLAN) to a network monitoring connection on another switch port. This is commonly used for network appliances that require monitoring of network traffic, such as an intrusion-detection system. Port mirroring on a Cisco Systems switch is generally referred to as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN); some other vendors have other names for it, such as Roving Analysis Port (RAP) on 3Com switches.

An example of a SPAN configuration on a Cisco 2950 Switch is below.

Monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 0/1, 0/2, 0/3

Monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 0/4 encap ingress vlan 1

The above example mirrors data from ports 0/1, 0/2 and 0/3 to the destination port 0/4 using vlan1 for vlan tagging.

To show the status of a SPAN monitor session use the following command.

show monitor session 1

Where 1 is the session number from the above statement.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html

Hope this helps.

Please rate.

Regards,

Justin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card