cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1100 Series

jrswin0423
Level 1
Level 1

I have manually set the IP address and everything is fine except I keep getting a Radio not enabled response, even though it has been enabled. This should be simple. It's not. help!!!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

One thing to note that on the newer IOS's the Radio's cannot be enabled until the SSID is set. You may have been seeing this result;

Changes to the Default Configuration-Radios Disabled and No Default SSID

In this release, the radio or radios are disabled by default, and there is no default SSID. You must create an SSID and enable the radio or radios before the access point will allow wireless associations from other devices. These changes to the default configuration improve the security of newly installed access points.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/b38jebrn.html#wp147963

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks a million! I assume I set the SSID in the Security part of the setup?

Thanks!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the name mixup :) You are most correct. Here is a simple setup guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_4_JA/configuration/guide/s34frst.html#wp1036371

Once you configure a SSID your radios should come up/stay up.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Rick's my nickname. Thank you...I gor the Radio configured. I ran the carrier test...all was good. I have a static ip address of 10.23.12.254 w/a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway at 10.23.12.18 I've connect the Cisco to my ethernet port and the signal strength is excellent but there is little or no connectivity. I think i want to scream or cry...whichever comes first...any ideas?

Thanks,

Going Crazy in Texas

Rick

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay, I was out for a BBQ :) Don't worry you're making good progress. Are you saying you can't connect via wireless? Are you you broadcasting the SSID? Have you configured A or B/G data rates? What about security?

I know, so many questions. This stuff is hard to configure to start with but it will come together for sure.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card