cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a CRS engine in a UCCX 4.0(5) cluster

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a customer with a 4 node UCCX cluster: primary and secondary CRS engines, primary and secondary dbase servers.

I want to replace one of the CRS engines because I think something may have become corrupted. Basically I need to rebuild the server from scratch. I need to generally understand the steps. For example, do I remove the server from the cluster and rebuild it as a new server in the cluster? Do I suspend the server, rebuild it, and activate it?

Any advice is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Your two servers will be in a publisher/subscriber replication topology.

If you 'lose' a cluster server permanently, and it happens to be the subscriber, you can reinstall it with the same IP/hostname/etc and it will reinstall and take up it's former position.

If you lose the publisher, you can go into the datastore config pages, enter 'publisher activation' and make the remaining server the publisher... you can then reinstall the other and it will take up replication of the databases.

I've done this procedure before to replace a server without having to do a backup/restore of the box.

It's documented (badly, I think) in this from page 174; it's the 'recover' procedure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_4_0/installation/for_crs/404/crs404ig.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!