cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trixbox to Cisco Router Call Problem (SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Media)

ufuk-guler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Trixbox PBX and Cisco 3725 Router. Both of them are in same lan. My router has E1 interface that is connected to LG-PBX. My LG-PBX agent can call Trixbox agent directly over PRI. But when trixbox user try to call LG-PBX agent i take "SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Media error" on cisco router. I am sending "debug ccsip messages" command output and trixbox "debug channels" output. Which option could cause this problem on Trixbox. I changed some option like preffered codec,nat.. for Trixbox agent(500) and trunk(to PBX). But nothing change. Thanks for all replly.

Agent(102)---PBX-----Pri-----ROUTER-----Lan-----TRIXBOX---Agent(500)

Ufuk Guler

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

on the cisco you need an incoming DP with with codec g 771:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

incoming called-number .

codec g711u

That's it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I have pots dial-peer to accept and transfer incoming calls to LG-PBX PRI line port. I cant write codec g711u command under this pots. Thanks help.

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 1..

no digit-strip

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

forward-digits all

Ufuk Guler

Configure as per my previous. The DP is voip, not pots.

Hi,

I solved problem. Install g729 codec to trixbox and on trunk screen i write disallow=all,allow=g729. With this commands i can call to my pbx extensions. Thank you again.

Ufuk Güler

G.729 is not optimal quality for lan calls. The proper way is to configure the incoming DP with either a fixed codec or a list of acceptable ones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: