cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trixbox to Cisco Router Call Problem (SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Media)

ufuk-guler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Trixbox PBX and Cisco 3725 Router. Both of them are in same lan. My router has E1 interface that is connected to LG-PBX. My LG-PBX agent can call Trixbox agent directly over PRI. But when trixbox user try to call LG-PBX agent i take "SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Media error" on cisco router. I am sending "debug ccsip messages" command output and trixbox "debug channels" output. Which option could cause this problem on Trixbox. I changed some option like preffered codec,nat.. for Trixbox agent(500) and trunk(to PBX). But nothing change. Thanks for all replly.

Agent(102)---PBX-----Pri-----ROUTER-----Lan-----TRIXBOX---Agent(500)

Ufuk Guler

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

on the cisco you need an incoming DP with with codec g 771:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

incoming called-number .

codec g711u

That's it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I have pots dial-peer to accept and transfer incoming calls to LG-PBX PRI line port. I cant write codec g711u command under this pots. Thanks help.

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 1..

no digit-strip

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

forward-digits all

Ufuk Guler

Configure as per my previous. The DP is voip, not pots.

Hi,

I solved problem. Install g729 codec to trixbox and on trunk screen i write disallow=all,allow=g729. With this commands i can call to my pbx extensions. Thank you again.

Ufuk Güler

G.729 is not optimal quality for lan calls. The proper way is to configure the incoming DP with either a fixed codec or a list of acceptable ones.