Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 on 877 Wireless

Hi,

I am experimenting with IPv6 at home, where I have a 877 router. I have successfully set up a 6to4 tunnel and am able to use it fully at the ethernet interfaces.

However, when I try to configure IPv6 on the wireless side I find out there is not ipv6 under the 'interface dot11radio 0'. There is not ipv6 available on BVIs when the wireless is part of it, but when I remove the wireless i can enable IPv6 on the BVI.

I am starting to think IPv6 is in no way supported on the wireless interface of the 877. When looking at the IPv6 Solutions white paper I see the 800 series is listed with a 'Now' in the 'IPv6 Status', and no mention of it in the release notes means to me I should be able to configure it.

Of course, there might be some 'hidden' command that I am unable to find which enables IPv6 on wireless interfaces.

I'm running on 12.4(15)T1 Advanced IP Services.

Anyone with any insight into this issue?

Thorhallur

2 Replies 2

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thorhallur,

IPv6 is currently not supported on the wireless interface (or via IRB) on the 877w. This is on the road map though. Please contact your account team for more details.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For IPv6 complete BVI support you need 15.1(3)T or later IOS.

See Enhancement CSCta27529

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCta27529

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: