Forwarding Traps from LMS 2.6

Answered Question
Jun 8th, 2008

Hi,

Is it possible for me to forward the traps i receive in Ciscoworks LMS to a 3rd party NMS line CA spectrum. I have Istalled the Integration Utility but is unsure how to proceed.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 6 months ago

All traps received by DFM can be forwarded to another NMS by configuring trap forwarding under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Sun, 06/08/2008 - 22:09

All traps received by DFM can be forwarded to another NMS by configuring trap forwarding under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding.

rajesh1331 Wed, 06/11/2008 - 21:41

hi clarke.. thanks for the reply..

could you please help me out in finding some links or documents for the same which gives detaild account of the configuration.

Joe Clarke Wed, 06/11/2008 - 21:50

The best docs are the built-in context-sensitive help you get by clicking on the Help link in the top right-hand corner of the screen when looking at the trap forwarding page. However, there's not much to it. Simply add the IP address/hostname of the forwarding destination and the UDP port to use, and you're done.

Joe Clarke Tue, 01/13/2009 - 23:30

While it's not supported, you can control trap forwarding in by modifying the NMSROOT/objects/conf/smarts/conf/trapd/trapd.conf. The comments in this file should get you started. Once the file has been modified, restart Daemon Manager.

I just checked another thing.

I believe Notification Services Generate Events based on information collected through syslog/snmp messages generated by the devices.

So i can use Notification Services to Create EVENT SETS and use SNMP Trap Notification to forward the event as TRAP , So it will help me achieve the Same goal as filtering traps??

Actions

This Discussion