Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding Traps from LMS 2.6

rajesh1331
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible for me to forward the traps i receive in Ciscoworks LMS to a 3rd party NMS line CA spectrum. I have Istalled the Integration Utility but is unsure how to proceed.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All traps received by DFM can be forwarded to another NMS by configuring trap forwarding under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All traps received by DFM can be forwarded to another NMS by configuring trap forwarding under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding.

hi clarke.. thanks for the reply..

could you please help me out in finding some links or documents for the same which gives detaild account of the configuration.

The best docs are the built-in context-sensitive help you get by clicking on the Help link in the top right-hand corner of the screen when looking at the trap forwarding page. However, there's not much to it. Simply add the IP address/hostname of the forwarding destination and the UDP port to use, and you're done.

Hello!

Is there any way to filter these traps?? like i only want to allow specific traps to be forwarded from LMS. Can it be done? or it will forward all of what it recieves??

While it's not supported, you can control trap forwarding in by modifying the NMSROOT/objects/conf/smarts/conf/trapd/trapd.conf. The comments in this file should get you started. Once the file has been modified, restart Daemon Manager.

I just checked another thing.

I believe Notification Services Generate Events based on information collected through syslog/snmp messages generated by the devices.

So i can use Notification Services to Create EVENT SETS and use SNMP Trap Notification to forward the event as TRAP , So it will help me achieve the Same goal as filtering traps??

Please start a new thread for these questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: