Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI disconnect TOne

Hi all,

REcently i have tried to configure Supervisory disconnect under a BRI card (using the Voice-port creted virtuall) but the command is no longer listed like in the FXO configuration.

SO if i don't have my CPTONE country listed and there is no supervisory configuration were i can't aplly custom cptone so how can i disconnect call when the Calling party hang up the phone!!

Thanks for helping me out

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Just to verify, can you send the debug isdn q931 trace ?

However when the person on the IP phone hears a disconnect tone, he/she should hang up and that's it.

View solution in original post

With ISDN, you don't.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

ISDN doesn't need tones for disconnect. A Q.931 message specifies when the remote has disconnected. Consequently no supervisory disconnect configuration is necessary.

Note: In some countries, for an incoming call, it is not possible to actually terminate the call until the caller has disconnected.

Hi Bevilacqua how is going my friend :)

Indeed when i use the debug isdn Q931 i saw the disconnect message but the phone still use the Busy tone and it only disconnect after 30 sec

So any ideas how i can discreate this timeouts

Thanks

Which phone are you talking about ?

I meant that we i receive a call from the (PSTN using the BRI) and someone answer the phone and when the calling (the one who call from the PSTN) hang up i still listen in my IP Phone to the disconnect tone then the Busy after that it disconnect bu it takes so much time (about 30 secs)

Just to verify, can you send the debug isdn q931 trace ?

However when the person on the IP phone hears a disconnect tone, he/she should hang up and that's it.

thanks for help :) u just confirm to me that i don't even need any kind of supervisory disconnect

With ISDN, you don't.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: