cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with switch 3750 port

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having connectivity issue with 3750 switch ports.After connecting cables to the switch port the port will not turn on meanwhile other ports are working fine.I tried to do no shut,speed auto,duplex auto but nothing good.Does somebody have any idea?

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Did you try with another network adapter?

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

Yes but still the same problem

aspodinets
Level 1
Level 1

What is the port state. please paste "show int XXX" here.

It could be anything from duplex\speed mismatch to STP or other side failure.

Here is the output of sh int Gigabitethernet 1/0/1

The file is attached

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are using straight thru cables on all ports correct . Also if you left auto-mdix on , then all ports should be left as auto for speed and duplex. Also check in the logs and make sure the ports are not err-disabling for some reason .

narayanaccna100
Level 1
Level 1

Please Check Cabling end to end and Cable is Connected through P.O.E or Direct.

Please check P.O.E Power and switch port.

And Serial port status whether it is showing any Alerts or Alarms.

satya

only 4 ports are having problem the rest are functionning normaly.After a factory reset on the switch the problem persists.The cables are staight through and good.

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

When i press the mode button and the system,master and stack leds are solid green,port 1 starts flashing green and ports 23 and 24 are solid orange.But after a minute system,master and stat leds are are solid green

check to make sure you don't have a loop in your cableing and spanning tree is blocking those ports for some reason . Do a show spanning blocked ports command.

No spanning tree instance exists on the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco