cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

background Logo issue on call manager 5.1 (7941)

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts,

i have followed the admin phone guide for customising the 7941 Phone background. still not working

i created the 2 PNG full and thumb as per document using paint. only that options for the grayscale to 16 bit , there is no option to do it. i have also cretad an xml file using notepad , then all of them uploaded to the following directory /Desktops/320x196x4

i then restarted the tftp service. i go to the phone user prefernces for the background but im not able to choose any . ther is not list to choose. any idea please?

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The PNG files for background images must meet the following requirements for proper

display on the Cisco IP Phone:

Full size image-320 pixels (width) X 212 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image-80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

Color palette-Includes up to 12-bit color (4096 colors). You can use more than 12-bit

color, but the phone will reduce the color palette to12-bit before displaying the image.

For best results, reduce the color palette of an image to 12-bit when you create a PNG

file.

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem before and it was down to not restarting the TFTP service.

It takes a while for the images to appear on the handsets after the service is restarted though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: