Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity not answering outside POTS line

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently moved a small group of people and had their POTS lines remote call forwarded to an extension on my call manager. I have set up a mailbox on the extension. Callers are receiving the default greeting instead of the greeting for the mailbox. When I 10 digit dial the internal line that the POTS line is forwarded to I get the mailbox. It seems UNity is not recognizing the forwarded #.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Here is one way to do this;

In Unity set up an Alternate Extension so that the POTS is an Alternate Extension for the specified mailbox. So if the User DN is 5555 and the Analog Line is xxx-yyy-wwww;

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (DN 5555).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case xxx-yyy-wwww) and click the Save icon.

When Unity sees the clid of xxx-yyy-wwww it will play the 5555 Greeting :)

From this good Unity doc;

Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob! That is not working for me. I have a call in to verify the caller ID is still on the line. Is there a way to see what Unity is seeing coming in. Is there a trace for this that I can perform?

Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

You should be able to use Call Viewer to see what the digits are that are being sent :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

The Dialed Number and Forwarding station fields are blank. My phone # is showing up as the calling number. does this mean the caller Id is not being sent by the phone co?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Yes, it does sound like this is the issue. Just ask the Telco to forward the CLID of the POTS line and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

It seems telco is forwarding the CLID. I had it checked on the router. The only other thing I can add is that I noticed the calls were coming in as direct calls instead of forwarded calls in the call viewer. It seems call manger is not passing the right info to Unity.

Hi,

Would using a Voice Mail Profile be an option? Specifically, a Voice Mail Profile created for this purpose, and configured with Unity's Pilot number and a Voice Mail Box Mask that matches the extension of the mailbox. The thought is if this Voice Mail Profile is applied to the extension in CallManager, the extension will be placed in the RDNIS field before the call is sent to Unity (as described in the tech tip for sending call directly to voice mail).

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

I really like your thinking here! +5 points for this good direction.

Take care and thanks :)

Rob

Thanks Rob! You set the bar high for excellence in community collaboration.

Have a great day!

Michael.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. The problem was solved by unchecking Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Inbound on the pri port of the gateway. I appreciate all of the suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: