How to limit DSCP AF11 to 48mbps in 6500?

Unanswered Question
Jun 9th, 2008

I need to limit the bandwidth of a QOS class to 48mbps out of several interfaces on a 6509 with sup720 verion 12.2(18)SXF7.

The line cards are:

All ports on the line card are config'd as layer-3 routed ports. The QOS class is a class that matches AF11 DSCP which is set elsewhere in the network for devices that send large image files. These files are huge near-gigabyte in size and I don't want them choking more time sensitive applications even on gig links.

I'm familiar with creating service policies on routers to do this limiting, but not so familiar with the 6500 platform and all it's linecard queueing structures.

What could be the best way to limit AF11 marked packets to 48mbps in this chassis?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hadbou Fri, 06/13/2008 - 09:51

Marking rules specify how QoS marks traffic when the traffic matches the filtering parameters in an ACE.QoS supports four marking rules, specified with the following four ACE keywords: trust-dscp, trust-ipprec, trust-cos, and dscp. Each ACE contains one of the keywords.

Refer the "Catalyst 6500 Series Software Configuration Guide" present in the following url for more information:

This Discussion