cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1 and Ring Down Lines

blackmichael
Level 1
Level 1

Have a trading desk where user have ring down line being delivered to FXO. The ring down lines will recive and make call (when the FXO goes off hook the system rings out). I need to have a button that can recive calls and when press will bring the FXO off hook on the same button. Has anyone done this before.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The PLAR out is no problem..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

The only thing is.. each FXO have to be configured in its own route group and route list..

So the CSS of the line will have to be unique for each phone so it can point to a specific FXO.

For inbound - if you use MGCP.. configure an Attendant DN on each FXO port.. configure it to the "hotline button" dn on each phone.

Cheers,

Tim

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you will want to configure PLAR.

The best way is configure your gateway as H323. You will do a PLAR in the CCM that goes outbound on that button over the specified FXO port. Then you will configure that FXO port with a connection-plar xxxx to the DN you add to that button on the phone for inbound.

The issue with doing it like that is the phone is going to be registerd to a CM (not cme). How can i configure the line to PLAR from the CCM to take the FXO off hook as soon as the line pressed on the phone. I still also need to recive calls on same button.

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is it CallManager you are using?

Are you using MGCP or H323 for the gateway with the FXO's on them?

When the user presses the button and goes off hook.. are they dialling extra digits? or do you want it to be a PLAR or hotline?

Cheers,

Tim

Yes its CallManager

The gateway can use either MGCP or H323 which ever is needed. When they go off hook they are not dialing i want it to be a PLAR/Hotline.

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

The PLAR out is no problem..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

The only thing is.. each FXO have to be configured in its own route group and route list..

So the CSS of the line will have to be unique for each phone so it can point to a specific FXO.

For inbound - if you use MGCP.. configure an Attendant DN on each FXO port.. configure it to the "hotline button" dn on each phone.

Cheers,

Tim

Will this work on a per button basis instead of a per phone?

Yep should do it... you will have to configure the button as a DN / line. So just associate the hotline CSS to this line. Put your normal CSS on the phone itself.

Cheers,

Tim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: