Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not PING servers on the LAN form a VPN Client

a.ajiboye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Users are not able to ping servers on the LAN when connected via VPN to ASA5510 configured are Active/Standby failover pair. They could connect via VPN but couldn't PING or launch Microsoft Outlook. I included the command "crypto isakmp nat-traversal 20" but users still could PING. I increased the value to 360. Still no luck.

Also, four out of the six L2L tunnels came up and I could pass traffic over them. But two came up and goes down in less than half a second. For the remaining two, I got the following errors in the ASA log:

4|Jun 07 2008|15:58:44|113019|||||Group = 220.x.x.194, Username = 220.x.x.194, IP = SHANGHAI-PIX, Session disconnected. Session Type: IKE, Duration: 0h:00m:32s, Bytes xmt: 0, Bytes rcv: 0, Reason: Phase 2 Error

3|Jun 07 2008|15:58:44|713902|||||Group = 220.x.x.194, IP = 220.x.x.194, Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

1|Jun 07 2008|15:58:44|713900|||||Group = 220.x.x.194, IP = 220.x.x.194, construct_ipsec_delete(): No SPI to identify Phase 2 SA!

3|Jun 07 2008|15:58:44|713902|||||Group = 220.x.x.194, IP = 220.x.x.194, QM FSM error (P2 struct &0xd5830b58, mess id 0x8508c326)!

From the log in the ASDM, I was asked to contact the Cisco TAC if the problem persists.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Find attached my config as well.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WoW! pretty long config there :).

Try to check your split tunnel ACLs, also what is the point of split tunneling (specified) if your ACL = any? Why not leave out the split tunneling altogether?

Also for the Site to Site VPNs, why do you have two crypto maps for each site? 3DES/DES?

Seems to be a Phase 2 mismatch. Also make sure PFS is enabled on both sides and using the same DH group (phase 2 DH group).

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WoW! pretty long config there :).

Try to check your split tunnel ACLs, also what is the point of split tunneling (specified) if your ACL = any? Why not leave out the split tunneling altogether?

Also for the Site to Site VPNs, why do you have two crypto maps for each site? 3DES/DES?

Seems to be a Phase 2 mismatch. Also make sure PFS is enabled on both sides and using the same DH group (phase 2 DH group).

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks for your response Farrukh. I have modified the crypto maps.

I want split tunneling for the VPN clients. How do I tidy up my config in order to allow split tunneling?

Best regards.

Hi,

I have a doubt on your ST acl's...

That's y u r facing QM FSM errors.

do mention your networks in ST Acls ( without use any)

HTH

Thanks everyone for your help.

I removed the "any" and specified the networks I want VPN users to access behind the ASA, disabled PFS for the site-to-site VPN and removed duplicated crypto maps and a few more tweaking and that fixed the problem.

Regards.

liaqath2k7
Level 1
Level 1

after connecting the through the vpn clinet just check the statistics of the vpn client that whether you are getting the required routes in that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card