cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS 7.1.5 Reason Code Order

cherilynn1030
Level 1
Level 1

Our supervisors want to reorder their reason code list, for when their agents go into Not-Ready. I know we can easily redo the list, however my question lies with historical reporting. If I delete and reorder the codes to be in the order they want - WILL this break all previous historical data. Many Thanks!!!

7 Replies 7

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

There are here various reasons 1) The supervisor routing script is not configured properly OR 2) the dialed number assigned for supervisory calls is not associated with the routing script correctly

All the messages above are related to the Supervisor configuration on the router. Ask the user to check the CTI OS System Manager's guide to configure the script correctly.

The Reason codes are well explained at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ctios/ctios4_6x/installation/guide/CTIOSyMg.pdf

Um, maybe I didn't explain it very well.

All our codes are configured. They have been using them for 9 months now. What they would like to have happen, is the order in which they appear in the drop down box.

So, if I go into our registry and change the number corresponding to that code, so I can make an option show FIRST in the drop down list on the agent's CTIOS screen, versus showing 3rd.. by changing that, will that impact historical reporting for what already exists on those codes.

For a lot of our codes, we start with a 2 digit number in front of them so they stay in the order we want. like 01 sale 02 lunch, etc. I also use CAD, so this might not work for you...?

Though I would menchin it

Certainly a thought!!! So along those line though. IF I CHANGE that order... what will it do to a historical report? Will my report that I run for agent A - now reflect the wrong code,

Will changing that order retro the previous database entries... This is the piece I can't seem to find an answer on.

I know HOW to change them, easily... it's that historical piece that without just DOING it and testing... I'd like to find a concrete answer without having to do this... If not, we may end up just doing it anyhow...and dealing with the loss of integrity to the not-ready codes for this period of time.

and forgot It should not change the history as reason codes contain and ID. Wrap up codes are not, so what ever text is in a wrap up code is written as that text into the call term data.

But, just to be sure, create 2 or 3 new codes, and do a few tests, change them, test again, and look at the results in webview or our report engine of choice.

When it comes to call center stuff, I try to test in the lab as much as I can, or make in this case, make new codes, that they will never use and try them out. At least if it does not generate the expected result, only you will know. :)

Just checked the HDS database. The reason code data is stored by the ReasonCode field. That data is whats stored in the agent event detail table when an agent changes state. There should be no problem changing the text.

Ah yes, the test lab. Ours is still a work in progress, so I'm not able to test that now.

I will post back when I secure an answer! I think I will follow Kent's advice and build 2 new codes, test them, and reword, and test again! :) Such a simple fix, and I couldn't come up with that. Sigh.

THANKS! I'll let you know!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: