cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure to Synchronize Directory Services

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone give me a document, which describes what to start looking at when CM cannot replicate its DS DB to IPCC? (4.0.5build40)

Within my Cisco Desktop Administrator, I have already tried the "Synchronize Directory Services" option, which runs successful.

CM4.1.3sr5d

In addition, Can someone describe this process of Synchronizing DS over to IPCC? Which service runs this process? How often is it done? Which logs files capture this?

1 Reply 1

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

there is a process in charge of the DB synchronisation, it uses the local ODBC connections to perform that task, there are a couple of relevant ones, the CRA dsn and the CAD dsn, try to see if that ODBC connections test fine, if it does and you are still seeing scenarios where replication is off, I would recommend opening a TAC SR, there might several other things to check like registry, but this is truly not material for the Forum.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: