cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to CM 6.X Intercom and Auto-Answer combo config

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm about to do an IPT cut-over onto a CM6.1 cluster. Their traditional PBX had a feature for inside callers to the CEO would automatically go off-hook and answer. (Outside callers would not make the CEO's phone auto-answer.) Likewise, if the CEO was on a call and an inside person called the CEO, it would whisper in the CEO's ear. The CEO only has one line appearence. Therefore, I am trying to do all this with one line. So it looks like CM 6.x Intercom feature will work, but I also want the same line to perform normal call-handling for outside callers. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

THANKS!

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Unfortunately Intercom lines, as per design, doesn't take into account if a user is busy or not since they were developed to be the fastest way to make two users speak to each other 'always'. If an intercom line would ring busy if the user is on another call it will not make any difference with a normal line, apart from having the 'auto answer' enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: