CCSP self-training books

Unanswered Question
Jun 9th, 2008

Hello I've been trying to get self training books specially for the SND 642-552 but it's not been easy, can anyone tell me what books do I need to buy thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
manutd707 Wed, 06/18/2008 - 09:48

I have followed those links and most of the reference material is the quick study guides for exams 642-552,503,523,533,513

Where are the latest exam texts, not the quick reference, for these exams? There are plenty of textbooks for the previous versions, but what about the latest and greatest? Are there no texts that correspond to those exam codes? Do you have to do netacad or find a college that is running the courses?

michael.leblanc Thu, 06/19/2008 - 17:32

Cisco's recommended preparation for this particular exam (SND 642-552) has been limited to the Securing Cisco Network Devices (SND) training course, which has been an irritant to many.

Jorge has brought to our attention the availability of the CCSP SND Quick Reference (Digital Short Cut), which is a half step forward.

The Cisco Press books do not keep pace with the transition to revised exam content. When this occurs we usually need to review the exam description, and search the Cisco web site for current supporting documentation.

Securing Cisco Network Devices Exam Description:

Collin Clark Mon, 09/15/2008 - 09:23

That test is being retired and the last day to take the exam and get credit for it (assuming you pass) is Nov. 17, 2008. Usually there is a replacement exam (ie 640-552 to 640-553).

Spinu Viorel Mon, 09/15/2008 - 09:54

And do u think that for the new exam will have to learn some other things... I mean, the topics will be changed ?

I am preparing for 642-552 but I don't think I can be ready till Nov 17, 2008.

Can I ask for an advice? Do u think I should hurry up to take this exam or to wait for the new one ?

thank u

Collin Clark Mon, 09/15/2008 - 10:09

You will probably have to learn some new stuff, probably minimal though. The 642-552 is going "end of life" and is being replaced by CCNA-Security. I can't give you any advice on taking it since I don't know you, your study habits, experience, etc, but if it were me I would make sure I'm fully prepared and take the CCNA Security exam. I prefer to take the latest exams. I let my certifications expire and then go through the tracks again (CCNP/CCDP). I always learn a lot of new stuff and I feel it makes me a better engineer. Just be prepared and you'll be OK no matter which exam you take.

Hope that helps.

This Discussion