cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity upgrade to win 2k3

fvaldez520
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to upgrade my Unity to win 2k3. Do you have to have a hardened OS disk from Cisco or can I use a 2003 server enterprise with all the SP installed That I have purchased?

6 Replies 6

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fabian,

Which version of Unity are you currently running? And Exchange?

If you can get it, use the Cisco provided Platform Configuration Disk. One benefit of this is that the PCD includes all the drivers that the server needs.

Customers with UCSS contracts who purchased their MCS servers from Cisco, are entitled to upgrade their operating system from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 using the product number UNITY-OS-UPG-K9= for at no cost.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.pdf

The doc also states that "We recommend that you install Windows using the Platform Configuration disc unless your customer requires that other applications installed on the server."

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Michael.

Currently I am running Unity 4.2.1 on a win 2k OS.

Fabian,

So Unity is homed to Exchange 2003, correct?

Is you question on is your question on Win2k3 answered?

Thanks,

Michael.

Yes I am homed to exchange 2003. I am not sure what the rest of that reply meant. Thank you michael

Fabian,

I meant to ask if your question regarding which Windows 2003 media to use was answered, or if you needed any further clarification. Sorry I messed it up :-) Come on weekend!

Thanks,

Michael.

yes it was thank you Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: