cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Solution Engines Sharing a single, common Self Signed Cert

stephenwa
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it possible to have 2 solution Engines sharing a single, common self signed certificate generated by one of the Solution Engines? I have a certificate, actually two, that are about to expire. I am trying simplify the distribution and management by having just one certificate.

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the process to share SSL certs:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=AAA&topicID=.ee6e1fe&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0c933

But why do you want to do this anyway? They are self-signed certs anyway, you can generate them for as long as you like. Are you using it for some sort of end-user security like Wireless Encryption, NAC etc.?

Regards

Farrukh

The ACS generated Self Signed Certs are only valid for 1 year. As far as I know there is no way of generating one to last beyond a year unlike a cert obtained from a CA.

We are using the certs for WiFi PEAP clients.

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, that is possible. If you have the cert and pvk file you can upload it to any appliance.

You need to remember private key file as you need to retype it at the time of uploading it.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: