cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on SPEED DIAL AND FAST DIAL

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Seniors. I want to know what is the diff between speed dial and fast dial. How to configure it.In 7940 phone How many speed dial we can configure? is there any restriction that based on the phone models for number of speed dials. pls explain

Regards

Gem

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

fastdial needs a free button and the number is called pressing that button. Maximum number of fasdials is the same as many unused buttons you have on a given phone.

speed-dial does not need a free button, but it will appear and can be called with the unused buttons if there are.

It is also called by entering the tag number of the speed-dial, that can go from 1 to 35, then the "Abbr" softkey.

Note the GUI has bugs in configuring speed-dial, so unfortunately you must use CLI instead.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Actually the speed dials are both the ones assigned to a button and the ones that use the abbr. From this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/english/4_1/english/administration/guide/7970usr.html#wp1046738

"A user can configure up to 99 speed-dial entries. Speed-dial entries that are not assigned to the speed-dial buttons on the phone are used for abbreviated dialing. When a user starts dialing digits, the AbbrDial softkey appears, and the user can access any speed-dial entry by entering the appropriate index."

And the FAST DIALS are the ones added and accessed as a Service using the Services button on the Phone. From this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_1_2/ccmcfg/b09pd.html

So answering your question in the 7940 you can have only ONE speed dial on a button, since the 7940 has only two buttons and one is used for the line, but 98 speed dials using the abbr dialing.

Hi,

I believe (I can be wrong), that the question was about CME, where you have a max of 35 personal speed-dials, and fastdials are accessed by line buttons.

NB the first link you sent is dead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: