Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - Data Connection Speed to 1.0gbs

rkarrmfibc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to change the connection speed on the router to 1.0gpb from 100mps.

Any idea on how?

Thanks

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For that you would use gigabit switches and not the few ports into the CE520 that are up to 100 only.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't, UC520 supports fast ethernet only.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Then why sell gigabit switches?

On our UC520, I have deleted the data lan, and just the phones are running through it. The servers are plugged into the switches, not the router.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

One thing to also note is that gig speed may help with lan communication, but you wont get much more throughput on the wan side than the amount of bandwidth you have with your service provider. 100 mbps for most lans are just fine.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi,

Nothing prevents you from using gigabit switches in conjunction with an UC520, but the box itself is limited to fast ethernet, because for what it does, doesn't need anything more than that.

We have upgraded our network with CISCO gigabit switches and new workstations with gigabit ethernet cards and want to utilize the speed. Our servers also have been upgraded to gigabit.

Other than splitting the data and voice onto 2 separate lans, any other suggestions? Even with the servers plugged into the switches, 100 mbps is the max.

Thanks

Robert

Hi, what we're telling you, is that the voice services provided by UC520 will NOT benefit from a gigabit connection.

That is, you can have ALL your network be gigabit speed EXCPET the UC520 port, and that will NOT make ANY difference.

Hi

I understand that. The problem is, I want the data (workstations) that are connected to the switches to run gigabit.

For that you would use gigabit switches and not the few ports into the CE520 that are up to 100 only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: