Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1.2.1000-13 Component Version mismatch

egravel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer has a cluster with 2 servers running CCM 6.1.2.1000-13 and when I look in the System Report/Unified CM Cluster Overview report, I have a bunch of components that are not the same version on both servers. I don't know how that happened because I am the one that installed all the patchs and upgrades and Locals and the servers have always been rebooted after the upgrades/patchs.

What brought me to look at that report is that my customer is complaining of is he is not able to make changes to a device and have the changes saved.

Please let me know if anyone had this problem before.

Thanks

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

which components show up as not in sync?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There is alot, more than 60 components.

I have attached the XML of the report.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you showing and DBreplication errors in the RTMT event logs?

Yes there is replication errors in RTMT.

I did a "utils dbreplication repair all".

But I still have the components that are mismatch between the servers and I think I will continu to have those replication errors until I fix the component version mismatch.

Sounds like you will need a TAC case to resolve the DB errors. I did some dbreplication tips such as stopping the replication on the each of the subs, then running the repair. I know TAC has a few other commands that may fix it.

If its bad, you may have to re-install the subscriber.

Was this a new install?

The servers were initially installed with 6.0(1) and then upgraded to 6.1(2).

I did today a switch version on both servers to go back to version 6.0(1) and all the components are the same with CCM version 6.0(1). Re-did a switch version to go back to version 6.1(2) and the components are still not the same version. So I guess there is something that went wrong during the upgrade on the subscriber and I did not notice it.

I will probably try to reinstall the upgrade or re-install the server from scratch.

yeah, the re-install of any subscriber is usually pretty painless. I have learned in the past dbreplications problems that take me more that 3 hours to fix are not worth my time when I can reinstall the subscriber is less than 2 hours.

good luck!

Did you ever fix this problem. I have got the same issue and did the same upgrade path. I have noticed that all the components are all one out. For example sysvinit should be 4.3.0(110EL) ( The current version of the one below) and not 2.85(4.4) (the current version of the one above). Then this sequence keep going down the list.

The version of StorMan on is 2.85(4.4) and not 3.10(00)

The version of SysVinit on is 4.3.0(110.EL) and not 2.85(4.4)

The version of XFree86-libs-data on is 2.2.3(1) and not 4.3.0(110.EL)

No i did not fix the problem, since it is a cosmetic bug (CSCsl61950). I had to open a TAC case to get the bug.

In the bug it says it is fixed in 6.1(2)1000-13, but i have that version running and i still have the problem.

Same here, Some one has just told me that even thought it states it has been fixed in 6.1(2)1000-13 this sometimes on only means if you install this from new and dosent include upgrades

There is a command that you can do in CLI on the publisher server and that will show that everything is in sync between all the servers. But i forgot what the command is :(

> show tech version

This command displays the version of the installed components.

what is the first component out of sync ?

In my case, it was the IDP which was not installed on the subscriber.

After installing, everything is in sync now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: