cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent connection to switches

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

We recently installed Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 on our client with just 16 switches on their network. They are running on a flat vlan which is vlan 1. Same configuration of snmp version 1 for all the switches. Problem is 2 switches at one rack is having intermittent connection to Ciscoworks. On that same rack we have 7 switches but its just the 2 switches that's having problems. We tried to do a "clear ip arp <ip address of Ciscoworks server>" on both switches and it resolved the problem momentarily but after a few minutes, Ciscoworks server cannot be pinged from the switch and resulted a red icon on the Campus Manager>Topology Services.

The server is connected to the Cisco 3750 core switch and I also did a clear ip arp on that switch but problem still comes back.

How can we resolve this problem?

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since it sounds like all nodes are in the same subnet, I'd like at layer 2. Make sure there are no duplex mismatches, and check the show interface stats on the affected nodes for errors or resets.

Since clear arp helped temporarily, you should also consider hunting down duplicate IP problems using show arp when the pings are lost. However, I assumed you already checked that.