cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BSCI Exam.

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have got a simulation in BSCI exam. i.e. redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP. But when I have given EIGRP 100, the system was showing AS must be 13652. but there did not mentioned any AS no. in the question, so i think I can take any no.

Can you help me why it was showing..

9 Replies 9

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

Since the simulation was redistributing, I am guessing the routing protocols were already configured. You just need to redistribute. The reason it could be showing this is becaust EIGRP must have alrready been configured with AS13652 and you were trying to configure another with AS100.

Did you check the running config for any existing configs?

Regards,

Niranjan

but i have checked properly, there did not mentioned anywhere in the simulation. thats why I have taken 100. If it is configured already, then it should show in case of OSPF also.

It is not necessary that it should be mentioned in the Question. But it will definitely show in the running config. And that invalid AS number message is a hint enough to check the running config for the configurations. It will only pop up if a different AS is already configured. Thats what you are suppoded to do in the exam!!!

Regards,

Niranjan

(please rate the post if it helps)

what i know, that is for redistribution simulation, I should not check the running config. I did not get any example like this.

This is a mistake then. You are relying too much on the Dumps. Thats not atall a valid point of argument that you didnot get an example like that. As a network engineer, thats what ou are supposed to do. Is always a recomended practice that you know whats already configured before you start configuring it. Did you see the routing table, ip interface brief etc. after you loged in the router? Thats essential. And at CCNP lvvel for BSCI exam you should be able to understand the log messages like that and respond to it.

- Niranjan

there was a point that limited commands are allowed, so if i use somany command out of the configuration scop that may be a wrong answer, thats why i did not use any other command except redistribution command. just tell me cam i use all show command before i configure the redistribution, is it recommended by cisco??

You are grossly mistaken by the term " limited commands". Its not the way you feel. You obviously can use all the commands you like. You might have read "limited commands" somewhere which doesnot mean that you have to "use" less commands. It means that a limited number of commands are available in the simulation. that is, not all the commands seen in the actual router IOS are available in the simulation.

Offcourse you have to use all the show commands that you can to make sure your configuration is right. The check is dont on the final configuration and on whether the required result is achieved. Not on how many commands you use.

Regards,

Niranjan

thanks for your help.

can you please rate the posts if they were helpful?

Regards,

Nirnajan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card